3rd Annual Festival of Faiths Offers Virtual Hope, Healing, Justice to Broken World
Registration is Open as Hundreds Sign-up for Online Events Starting Sunday, August 23 at EquaSion.org
CINCINNATI, OH – August 18, 2020 – The 3rd Annual Festival of Faiths, the signature program of the interfaith group EquaSion, is drawing hundreds of online participants for an 8-day program, August 23 through 30. This year’s theme, “Compassion Through Action: 20/20 Vision for Hope, Healing and Justice,” will deliver a program filled with interfaith prayer, music, spiritual meditations, lunchtime webinars about faith, a panel discussion for youth, and more. Click Here to view the entire 2020 schedule of programs.
In only its third year, the Cincinnati Festival of Faiths co-chairs and steering committee have transformed an event that was built on community connections to a virtual event that will offer Hope, Healing, and Justice in a broken world. More than 50 community leaders joined this year’s Festival of Faiths Co-Chairs Sandy Kaltman, Maria Munir, Bishop Marvin Thomas Sr., and Jaipal Singh to create 16 events with wide appeal for communities of faith, families, and individuals seeking connection.
The Festival activities embrace the 30 faith communities and 13 world religions that have participated in previous festivals. A few highlights include:
- Opening Interfaith Devotional on Sunday, August 23 at 3:00 pm
- Spiritual Meditations practiced by 12 different faith traditions on August 24, 25, 26 and 28 at 7 pm.
- “Faithful Citizenship: Fulfilling our Essential Civic Duties,” on Thursday, August 27 at 7 pm.
- “Compassionate Conversations: Sharing Stories of Healing” on August 25 and 27 at 12 noon.
- Beloved Community Youth Present “Living My Religion” on August 26 at 5 pm.
- “Linking Us Together” Children’s Art Project on August 30 at 10 am.
- “Put a Little Love in Your Heart” – An Interfaith Celebration in Music, Song and Dance, followed by the Closing Interfaith Devotional on August 30 at 4:45 pm.
For a complete list of events and Zoom sign-up links for each, please visit https://www.equasion.org/festival-of-faiths/calendar-of-activities/
EquaSion is a nonpartisan civic association whose mission is to promote Compassion through Action: acting on our compassion, we engage people of all faiths to discover their shared humanity and spirituality, and to work together for an equitable and just community for all. Its signature program is the Cincinnati Festival of Faiths. For more information on EquaSion’s interfaith community and the Cincinnati Festival of Faiths, visit www.equasion.org.